Rossendale’s Museum and Art Gallery, Whitaker Park, Rawtenstall, Lancashire BB4 6RE
open 11am – 4pm, Tuesday – Sunday
SEE WHAT’S ON
- As we approach the Christmas season The Whitaker is offering a whole range of exciting seasonal activities and events. Go to our EVENTS page to see what’s on offer!
We’re also (starting soon) exhibiting Winter Scenes from the Whitaker collection. (Snow in a Pennine Village by V. R. Gregson to the right)
- For one night only a new theatre piece about JOY DIVISION called NEW DAWN FADES, fresh from an acclaimed run in Manchester. There’s very limited seating, so first come, first served. Wednesday 11th December – doors open 7.30 for 8.15. SOLD OUT.
- We have also opened our new cafe – for tea, coffee and cakes! Come along and relax in our new museum cafeteria in the newly refurbished downstairs galleries.
- The cafe area is showing an exhibition of work by Dave Pearson, the acclaimed artist who worked for 50 years in the Rossendale Valley
- We are fully licensed so non-drivers and walkers take note!! Now with our own very special shop
- ..and of course there’s still our wonderful local history and Victorian Natural History rooms to see.