Community Development and Volunteer Coordinator
The Whitaker Community Interest Company is seeking to appoint an experienced and dynamic Community Development and Volunteer Coordinator to join the project team delivering the Whitaker Experience National Lottery Heritage Fund Project.
Working hours: Part time 18 hours per week
Salary: £24,000 per annum pro rata.
Location: The Whitaker, Rawtenstall
- To develop and deliver a Community Engagement Plan for the Whitaker Museum.
- To develop and deliver the Whitaker Experience Project Volunteer Plan.
- To recruit and manage volunteers in line with the Whitaker Volunteer Plan.
- To develop and deliver training plans for each volunteer role in collaboration with appropriate colleagues.
- To manage and implement the Whitaker Volunteer and Community Programmes and associated budgets as detailed in the Whitaker Experience Activity Plan.
- To engage with formal local community networks and groups to widen participation in the museum and strengthen relationships between the museum and the local community.
- To contribute to the marketing of volunteering and community initiatives to raise public awareness and increase participation.
- To evaluate activities and implement recommendations to the programme.
- Produce monthly written reports and updates for the Heritage Programme Manager.
- Provide support to the Heritage Programme Manager to identify and secure future funding.
- Represent and promote the Whitaker Museum to external organisations and at relevant meetings.
- Attend and contribute to all appropriate National Lottery Heritage Fund / Whitaker meetings as required.
- To deliver wider activities at the Whitaker Museum when appropriate.
- Ability to inspire and motivate volunteers
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Interest in, and commitment to, the possibilities of local arts and heritage initiatives across the wider community
- Able to work flexible hours
- Able to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Good knowledge of the theory and practice of Community Development
- Competency in a range of skills including the use of IT, expenses management and data collection
- Readiness to undertake DBS referencing
- Experience of Community and voluntary sector organisations,
- Experience of developing and supporting community projects
- Experience of management and support of volunteers
- Knowledge and experience of project management
- Experience of funding, bid writing and sponsorship
To apply, please submit your CV together with a covering letter of no more than 3 sides of A4 addressing your knowledge, skills and experience in relation to the essential and desirable criteria in the person specification. Applications should be submitted to Carl Bell, Managing Director, The Whitaker via email@example.com by the deadline of 29th October 2021.
Interviews will be held on: Friday 5th November.