FOH Manager | Key Responsibilities
Service delivery and customer care
- To take responsibility for the smooth running of the FOH at all times, to be physically present at the FOH during key times and directing service operations. Ensure events are well planned, organised and delivered.
- Deploy staff resources in line with budgetary requirements. Responsible for all administration elements of the staff team, including recruitment and selection, timekeeping and Rota’s
- Ensure efficient set-up, supervision and closing of front of house, kitchen and other hospitality activity in the building, including safe handling of monies and security of the building.
- Keep staff focused on customer service, ensuring that staff are notified on customer requirements and dealing with any problems swiftly and professionally.
- Identify and undertake training and development of the staff team
- Ensure that all operating systems are up to date and adhered to.
- Promote and comply with all food/ hygiene and licensing standards, ensuring that laws are adhered to and risks identified and mitigated.
- Responsible for all stock takes, supporting the ordering of consumables to levels appropriate with business demands and within stock holding parameters. This includes the correct recording of stock and wastage.
- To consistently seek and implement ways of improving the quality and cost effectiveness across all the catering elements of the business. Reporting findings to the company directors in a professional manor.
- Ensuring that the catering offer dovetails into the museums overall aims and vision, balancing creativity and community outcomes with profitability.
- The manager will understand the overall identity of the museum and art gallery, they will work closely with marketing lead to ensure that the food and drink offers are promoted in a timely, effective manor and that this is communicated to the team.
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Analsying sales figures and helping to design marketing and revenue management strategies
- To engage in future business opportunities and priorities future developments. Keeping abreast of the rest of the service industry, feedback of our customer's and ensuring we are meeting customer demands.